Wednesday 27 November 2013

QR Codes - interesting

I looked at some of the INF506 Module 2 content on QR Codes this morning. The slideshow (Tactica Interactive 2011) was great to help me understand just what these weird little boxes were all about. I knew they existed, but never really knew why or how they could be used.

My first QR code!!
Could be just me but they do seem to have dropped off a bit since their introduction in 2010 - I just don't tend to see as many these days. I downloaded the app to my phone and got quite excited when I was able to scan the only QR code I could find in the house - on the back of our Weetbix packet! The excitement soon dropped off though when I was informed that the "Bix" was down for scheduled maintenance and that they would be back in an hour - we'll see.

Might be time to head down the street for some shopping and to see if there are any QR codes out there to be scanned!

References:

Tactica Interactive. (2011). Voir QR: The history, use & abuse of QR codes (Slideshare Presentation)Tactica Communications. February 25, 2011. Retrived 25/11/13 from http://www.slideshare.net/tactica_inc/voir-qr-the-history-use-abuse-of-qr-codes?from_search=1

No comments:

Post a Comment